EP 01. In this Episode I use a regular coffee to paint a drawing. You can either buy it or make it yourself.
*NOTE: This is the way I start and it is not a must, every person should find the most comfortable approach for them and the most important thing is to have fun doing it. *Zip before using it!.
- Paper: Fabriano 160 g/m²
- Markers: Copic | Kuretake ZIG
- Colour Pencils: **whatever brand you have at home**
- Pure Vanilla extract
- Cover the basic areas. In this step I just want to block all the areas I want to paint with the coffee. Some other will be paint with marker ( like the fox ) so I don't paint on top of it.
- Shadows. I add shadows to specific places to separate shapes. I am not concern to be very precise on how the light would be in reality, so I just improvise and add the very obvious areas that I know could have shadow.
- Colour Pencils. Add colours to accentuate details on your drawing. For this drawing I dip them in the coffee to make a soft line when painting on the paper.
- Markers. I use a brush marker to paint the fox and give a contrast against the little girl.
- Vanilla. In this step I use the pure vanilla extract to give a darker tone on top of the coffee. At the beginning might be hard to see the difference but once it dries you can see the darker tone.
Have fun doing it! Don't add pressure to yourself, enjoy while drawing, painting or creating art, make creative decisions while doing it and there is not good or bad. By doing this you will find what workflow fits you better. ¡Pura Vida!
Created by Luis Gadea
Directed | Camera | Edited by https://www.instagram.com/yvrtist/
Animated Intro by Luis Gadea
Animated Sound FX by Geoff Belcher http://www.geoffbelcher.com/
Project Manager: Ade Ortega